Wednesday, December 31, 2008

About your e-Facilitator

Hi, everybody!



I'm Carla Arena, an EFL (English as a Foreign Language) educator, explorer of the potential of technology integration into language learning. I started to dig into the possibilities of tech-applications some years ago and have been going on new cyber-journeys with my students ever since. I've been a teacher at Casa Thomas Jefferson for ten years. I'm passionate about education. If I cannot change the world, at least, I hope to make a difference in my students' lives by taking them into this fantastic journey of learning another language. This online experience is certainly a thrilling one for me as I have the chance to show my learners the possibilities the Internet offers them to enhance their English skills.

I was born in Brasilia, and just came back from a two-year period living in Key West, Florida, with my family. When I'm not in the professional spectrum, I'm having fun with my two little boys, Dudu (8) and Caio (6), and my husband. I love to travel, cook, read, take photos, meet people, have fun with friends, listen to music, sing for fun, and invent different kinds of activities against boredom.

How about you? What are the driving forces of your life?

Hope to hear lots from you.

Carla
carlaarena@thomas.org.br

Skype ID: carlaarena

1 comment:

  1. My name is Mayra Cristine, I am 23 years old, I live in Brasília, and I am just a student law, I was born here, but I lived in Ilhéus, Bahia, for some years. I moved to Ilhéus because my father worked there for some years and I, my mother and my sister moved with him and when he went back to Brasilia we went back with him. I need to say that even Ilhéus having beaches, a beautiful sun and I enjoying all this, even so I really prefer to live in Brasília. The reason is very simple it is just because most part of my family live here.
    I like sports and dancing. I trained wushu for almost one year, I need to say that I love this sport and want to practice it again one day. Now I am so interested in learned more about ragga jam, which is a style of dance, and street dance. At this moment I am not working, but I worked at Senado Federal for almost eight months. I stopped working at Senado because I had so many things to study and the work get so repetitive that I am learning nothing there anymore.
    In my free time I like to listen some music, dance, watch TV, talk to my friends and family, go out, cook and read something.

    I think that is it.

    ReplyDelete